Smarter Freight Solutions
CPC Consultants is a renowned global firm specializing in transportation and operations management. With a combined experience of over 75 years, we approach freight solutions from the shipper's perspective. Our commitment to excellence is underscored by a unique no-risk, performance-based money-back guarantee, ensuring our clients receive the most effective solutions for their shipping needs.
Our methodology for smarter freight solutions revolves around a holistic optimization approach, incorporating best practices and delivering valuable market insights. Through our services, you can expect to achieve substantial cost savings while enhancing your overall shipping program.
CPC's expertise extends across all modes of domestic and international transportation, catering to a diverse range of industries. We serve medium-sized companies to Fortune 500 corporations, customizing our solutions to meet their unique needs.
Freight solutions encompass a range of strategies and services that shippers can employ to streamline their shipping and logistics operations. These solutions are essential for optimizing the movement of goods from one point to another, whether across town or around the world. Here are some key freight solutions that shippers commonly use:
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS): TMS software helps shippers plan, execute, and optimize their shipments. It provides real-time visibility into shipments, helps with route optimization, and assists in carrier selection. TMS can also automate various logistics processes, leading to cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Freight Brokerage Services: Shippers can work with freight brokers who act as intermediaries between shippers and carriers. These brokers leverage their industry knowledge and connections to secure the best rates and transportation options for shippers.
- Freight Auditing and Payment Services: These services help shippers verify the accuracy of carrier invoices and ensure that agreed-upon rates and terms are being met. It can lead to cost savings by identifying billing errors and overcharges.
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Providers: 3PL providers offer a wide range of logistics services, including transportation, warehousing, and order fulfillment. Shippers can outsource these functions to 3PLs, allowing them to focus on their core business while benefiting from the expertise and resources of the 3PL.
- Intermodal Transportation: Shippers can use intermodal transportation, which involves moving freight using multiple modes (e.g., truck, rail, and sea). This can be a cost-effective and environmentally friendly option for long-distance shipping.
- Reverse Logistics Solutions: These solutions address the management of product returns and can help shippers handle returns efficiently, minimizing losses and maximizing the value of returned goods.
- Real-Time Tracking and Visibility: Utilizing GPS and tracking technology, shippers can monitor the location and status of their shipments in real time. This visibility improves supply chain transparency, allowing for proactive problem-solving and enhanced customer service.
- Supply Chain Consulting: Supply chain consultants can analyze a shipper's operations and suggest improvements in areas such as network design, carrier selection, and inventory management, resulting in cost savings and operational efficiency.
- Cross-Docking Facilities: Cross-docking is a logistics strategy that reduces storage time by unloading incoming shipments from one transport and loading them directly onto outbound transport. This approach minimizes warehousing costs and expedites delivery.
- Parcel Shipping Solutions: Shippers dealing with small packages or parcels can benefit from specialized solutions that optimize shipping rates, route planning, and carrier selection for these specific needs.
- Global Trade Compliance Services: Shippers involved in international trade can use compliance services to ensure they meet all legal and regulatory requirements when crossing borders. This minimizes the risk of delays, fines, or legal issues.
- Last-Mile Delivery Optimization: Shippers can enhance their last-mile delivery operations by using technology and routing software to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective, and timely delivery of products to the end customer.
These are just a few examples of the many freight solutions available to shippers. The choice of which solutions to implement depends on the specific needs, goals, and challenges of the shipper's supply chain. Using the right combination of these solutions can lead to cost savings, operational efficiency, improved customer satisfaction, and a competitive edge in the market.
Unlock the CPC advantage and experience more efficient, cost-effective, and streamlined freight solutions. Backed by a no-risk, performance-based money back guarantee, our approach to smarter freight solutions is to optimize a shipping program holistically, provide best practices and market insights, while achieving significant savings.