Smart Warehouse Design, Layout and Optimization
Smart warehousing is one of the cornerstones to a successful supply chain solution. More than likely, if you have to ship it then it must be stored! Allowing CPC’s team of Six Sigma Black Belts help your engineers design the storage facility for your business and then watch your efficiencies increase!
CPC Consultants can provide support for smart warehousing as it relates to assessing and designing a warehouse with freight optimization in mind.
Among the many additional factors (beyond transportation factors) to consider in designing an efficient warehouse are:
- Assessing the current state of warehousing operations and logistics to identify the gaps and opportunities, then using the understanding of current and future logistics requirements we identify the right service providers at the right price for the desired service level.
- Implementing smart warehousing solutions such as warehouse management systems, automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, and data analytics (DA), to optimize logistics and operations.
- Helping optimize on the right mix of transport modes, such as surface (FTL, PTL = aka LTL), air, rail, or ocean, to reduce costs and improve efficiency. (CPC Consultants will have an impact for you here)
- Developing a freight optimization based smart warehousing strategy and technology choices that align with business goals and its customers’ expectations.
- Implementing freight optimization solutions, such as warehouse management systems, automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, and data analytics, to optimize logistics and operations.
Smart warehousing benefits can include:
- Increased productivity, efficiency, and accuracy of warehousing processes, leading to reduced costs and errors.
- Enhanced flexibility and scalability of warehousing operations, enabling faster and more reliable delivery of products to customers.
- Improved visibility and transparency of inventory and supply chain data, facilitating better decision making and planning.
- Higher customer satisfaction and loyalty, resulting from improved service quality and delivery speed.